Sunday, March 13, 2016

Knotty Sunday

It's been a busy weekend, here in the Knotty House. I may or may not have gone a bit crazy about dyeing and blending. I don't know, everything went a little fuzzy and went I surfaced, I had dye-splattered fingers and the smell of vinegar was in the air. I must remember to check my credit cards  and make sure I didn't order huge quantities of merino, angelica, and other such delights.

I put together a rainbow spinning and felting kit for my Etsy store. Take a look!

Not as yummy as skittles. Do not taste this rainbow.

It's half an ounce each of hand dyed Romney in red, orange, yellow, green, and blue. The blue came out variegated as all my blue dyes do and I rain it through the carder to blend. It should produce a lovely, heathered effect. One of the down sides of making nothing I would not use myself is every time I try to list something on Etsy, my fingers itch with the desire to run off with the goods, cackling and petting them. I, uh. I'm working on this.

That romney / alpaca fluffy cloud I blended? Holy cow. Such a dream to spin. It's coming out just gorgeous and so easy to stretch as fine as you want. Here's a picture of a single I'm spinning, twisted back on itself so you can see how pretty it'd look as a 2-ply.


So often in spinning, dyeing, and blending I find myself looking at what I just made and thinking, "This is the most beautiful thing I've ever done". And then a week later I make something else that's the new most beautiful. I'm not sure sure how to deal with these feelings of self-satisfaction. I may have to beat myself up over how messy my house is, just to keep balance.

No comments:

Post a Comment