Thursday, March 10, 2016

Home Again, Spin Again!

Returning home (well, Jaime's home) was such a relief. I didn't drive one bit but even still, as soon as we got home, I collapsed into bed and slept for two hours. And those two hours gave me the strength I needed to kitchener stitch up the toe of the completed sock and ply 8 ounces of yarn. Whuff!

Behold, the sock!

Ignore my goofy toddler-shaped feets.
Yes, one sock. The other is in progress and at the rate I knit socks it should be done in time for next winter. And that'll be nice because this is an absurdly warm sock. I knit it out of Patons Kroy Sock on US 1 (2.5mm) needles. I'm a tight knitter and that sock is about 7200 tiny stitches, making them very thick socks indeed. It's 72F (22C) outside... my foot is sweltering.

I spun and spun and spun and produced 500 yards of beautiful 2-ply fingering yarn, spun from fluffy romney sheepies grown here in North Carolina.

Again, my feets.

It's currently in two skeins of roughly the same size but I'm thinking I might split it into 5 100 yard mini skeins and dye each skein a different shade of blue. I'm imagining a beautiful, lacy gradient shawl, going from pale to dark blue.

... after I finish this sock.

No comments:

Post a Comment