Tuesday, March 1, 2016

I'm such a trouble maker...

Last night I was talking with my dad on the phone (I'm a total daddy's girl, we talk several times a week) about knitting my boyfriend a hand towel.

That's his favourite colour.
I'm slowly edging my way into knitting for my boyfriend - we've only been dating three months and I'm not sure how knitworthy he is.

"What's knitworthy?" asked my father. And I explained - knitting takes a fair amount of work and the yarn isn't exactly free so if you're going to knit for someone you want to know they're worth it. And you don't want to get crazy, knitting for an significant other, until you know they're going to stick around.

"Oh," said my dad. And there was a long pause in the conversation.

"What, um. What has Jackie knit for you?"

"One pair of socks."

Now socks are a labour of love, boys and girls and nothing to sneeze at. But surely a husband of more than a decade is worth more than a pair of socks? Well, that must be what my father thought because today at work I got a text message from my (lovely, wonderful, talented) stepmother...

"Because of you, your dad wants me to knit for him!!"

Apparently he has a list of things he wants - a hat, mittens, a scarf.

"Are you going to give in to his demands?" I asked.

"Not yet."

Pass me the popcorn! I can't wait to see what happens next. :D

No comments:

Post a Comment