Friday, May 6, 2016

Maryland Sheep & Wool: Preparations Continue

Tonight after work I'm going to drive 3.5 hours Jackie's house where I will sleep until approximately 4 am and then we will drive 5 hours to Maryland. I have not packed. I have not even figured out which wheel(s) I am taking for the spin in. I am almost utterly unprepared.

But I have finished (I think) spinning all the yarn for my February Lady cardigan. I have spun around 880 yards of Romney wool and another 330 yards of merino wool. The merino is still drying so I don't have a good picture of what it all looks like yet. When I get home I'll take a picture of my sweater's quantity of hand dyed, hand spun wool... But for now here's a picture of some of it drying:


Here is a picture of some of it, hanging out in my dark house...


And in a spirit of uncharacteristic diligence and planning, I actually knit a swatch of the lace panel to make sure the colour wasn't tooooo busy for it.


Having finished my spinning, I resolutely put everything down and began knitting frantically. You see, I only let myself have four projects going at any time... and I have exactly four projects on my needles right now. Soooo many needles, so few projects. :( And they're all really boring right now! Garter stitch forever, stockinette forever, foot rows leading to a toe decrease. Boring, boring, boring! But I absolutely must finish one of these projects so that I can start my cardigan. I have nothing exciting to wear to the MSWF to show off my knitting... But I can absolutely be working on the February Lady while I'm there!

... You think I should take a half day from work to finish my knitting?

No comments:

Post a Comment