Monday, May 2, 2016

Maryland Sheep & Wool - Preparations

There are 5 days until I leave for the Maryland Sheep & Wool Festival... or, atleast, until I leave to grab my stepmother and THEN head to the sheep & wool. Certain preparations must be made!

1. Reserve a hotel room.... Done! I found a good deal on Groupon - $42 off for a decent hotel and 30 minute drive from the festival.

2. Pay all bills for the month... almost done. Mortgage is paid, Rent will be paid shortly. Credit cards, phone, insurance... all done.

3. Decide how much I'm willing to spend at MSWF, remove that cash from bank account.

4. Freeze all non-cash methods of payment in a large block of ice. If I want something badly enough to excavate it from a foot of ice, I probably ought to buy it.

5. ... Two feet of ice...

6. Pack. Pack.. everything I've ever knitted, ever. Maybe a few especially phenomenal skeins of yarn to knit on while I'm there. I need to represent around my knittas, yo.

7. Check weather... done. It is going to be in the SEVENTIES all weekend! Why! I have knit NO summer stuff! I'm going to be surrounded by knitters and NOT SHOWING MY COLOURS. For the love of wool, why!

8. Begin knitting summer garment. I'm pretty sure if I knit non-stop I can finish something in time for the festival. I mean, I have a few vacation days and Jackie's driving the first leg of the trip...


No comments:

Post a Comment