Thursday, February 18, 2016

The Year of Socks

Jackie decided to make a pair of socks every month this year. When I asked how come, she said, "At the end of the year, I'll have twelve pair of socks." That's the sort of ironclad logic I can get behind. A couple days ago she told me she was on her fourth pair of socks... Fourth! It's still February! That kind of raw, unfettered productivity is designed to make the rest of us feel bad about our video game habits, I'm sure of it. It worked too - I cast on a sock.

A very, very basic sock.
Technically this is my second pair of socks of the year as I knit a pair of Rye Socks in January as my first ever pair of socks. I thought they were a great introduction to sock techniques as they use worsted weight yarn on size 3 (3.25 mm) needles and the pattern is really very clear with excellent linked tutorials for anything you're not sure of. I finished the pair really easily and it left me confident to tackle this pair. Unfortunately, those socks are in time out because the left sock needs, perhaps, two or three more rounds of stockinette to be really comfortable. I totally can rip out the toe and make that happen. Totally. No problem. I... just don't want to right now. And why would we want to do all that nasty ripping out when we can look at Jackie gorgeous socks instead?


Look at those socks! Look at the colours! Don't your feet feel sad and cold just looking at them? Tune in tomorrow when we whine at Jackie for patterns and yarn information :D

No comments:

Post a Comment