Wednesday, February 17, 2016

Peter Piper Picked A Pack of Alpaca...

So a couple weeks ago, I took my trusty Prius down to Atlanta to pick up some alpaca that was selling pretty cheaply. I didn't buy all the alpaca, I showed a lot of restraint. I just bought enough alpaca...

Note the fairly unobstructed view of the side mirrors. Restraint.
... To fill my whoooooole car!

I'm not saying I cackled manically at the fluffy joy the whole way home but I spent about 13 hours on the road and didn't mind it one bit. We're not strong with the sanity, here at Chez Knotty. I know this picture makes it look like I have a problem... but in my defense, I'm splitting that with my stepmother. So I only have half a problem - trying to find a place to hide all that fluffy from my roommate. But that's okay because I'm currently in negotiations to buy a fiber storage facility house! It'll be fine! I'll have a whole room to devote to my intricate yarn shrine.

Meanwhile, all that alpaca is totally raw - that means it's unwashed, uncombed, and totally unready to be spun. That's a lot of work. Fluffy, fluffy, joyful work.

No comments:

Post a Comment