Tuesday, February 16, 2016

Monochrome Life

I am absolutely terrible with colour.

There, I admitted it. The worst possible trait for someone who once called themselves an artist. Bright colours make me feel slightly sick to my stomach and I'm never totally sure what goes with what. Left to my own devices (and I am), everything I own is in shades of black and blue. The only reason I own any shirts with colour is because I keep buying the random t-shirt packs from Woot.com. So when it comes to yarn I have the same problem awesome collection of blue and black yarn.

So the other day I met up with a woman who was selling bits of her yarn stash for $1 (!!) a skein. Really nice stuff too - Wool and mohair and hand painted pretties. So I bought it all. All of it. Even the stuff that didn't suit me. Even the stuff I didn't actually like. Even the ugliest thing I have ever seen.

Ew. Ew, Ew, Ew!


This stuff is so powerfully unappealing to me. It's well over 960 yards of hand painted yarn, 74% mohair, 13% wool, and 13% nylon. But just.. so.. ugly. It looks like something my cat would puke up after eating all my my fruit loops and half a sheep's fleece. But it was only a dollar! So I bought it, considered over dying it, and then gleefully handed it over to my stepmother. Who immediately began knitting this:

So ridiculously pretty.
What unholy chicanery is this?!




No comments:

Post a Comment