Monday, April 4, 2016

Blue Gradient Results

So this morning I rinsed my blue dye, rolled it in a towel, and walked all over it. Then I laid it out in my bathtub on a drying rack.

Look closely: I use horse shampoo.

Predictably, it didn't turn out as well as I hoped. Partially because the plastic wrap failed (curse you, store brand!) and towards the darker end, I didn't get total dye penetration. I sent the picture to Jackie and, bless her heart, she said she likes it and wants it. I doubted her until it finished drying and I took it into better light.

Ignore my messy table.

You guys, look at that. While there is quite a bit of variegation and blotching, that's all going to smooth out *beautifully* when it's spun. This is going to create a heathered dark with depth and shading.

Do you know what that means? Jackie's magic colour skills work at a distance.

No comments:

Post a Comment